Valley View’s Acute Inpatinet Rehab Unit is a hospital based, 20-bed inpatient rehab facility (IRF) that provides comprehensive physical and cognitive rehabilitation. Patient referrals are from physicians, social workers, rehabilitation nurses, case managers, patients, and patient families. Candidates will receive a pre-admission evaluation to determine their appropriateness for the program free of charge.
A rehabilitation physician works with and coordinates the efforts of the treatment team that include physical, recreational and occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, an audiologist, your family physician, a pharmacist, rehabilitation nurses, a social worker, and a psychologist. A physiatrist (a physician who specializes in rehabilitation medicine) is available for consultation as needed.
RehabCare focuses on three main areas of therapy.
- Prevention of medical complications
- Maximizing functional abilities
- Preparing the patient for reintegration into daily life.
Services are provided for patients with the following rehabilitation diagnoses:
- Congenital Deformities
- Major Multiple Trauma; Brain Injury
- Polyarthritis (including Rheumatoid Arthritis)
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Orthopedic Impairments
- Degenerative Neurological Disorders (such as Multiple Sclerosis, Muscular Dystrophy, Parkinson’s Disease and Guillain Barre’)
Valley View’s Acute Inpatient Rehab is accredited by the Commission of Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and the Joint Commission on Accreditation of HealthCare Organizations (JCAHO).